1) If ORAL is coded as 5461 how WRITTEN is coded?
a) 4444 b) 44444 c) 444444 d) 4444444
2) Agraj kumar is twelfth from the left and Rajendran fifteenth from right in a row. If we interchange their positions Rajendran becomes twentieth from right. How many boys are there in the row?
a) 30 b) 29 c)32 d) 31
3) Among Geetha, Shruthi, Padmini and Kishori who wore a blue tea shirt? To find out the answer, which of the following information given in the statements A and B is/are sufficient?
A) Each of them wore a tea shirt of different colour
B) Geetha, Shruthi wore yellow tea shirts and Padmini and Kishori wore
white tea shirts?
a) Both a and b put together are not sufficient
b) Both a and b together are needed
c) Either A or B alone is sufficient
d) Only b alone is sufficient
4) A.. Radha, Meghana, Padmaja, Shelly and Priyanka are sitting in a circle facing the centre.
B) Padmaja is immediate left of Priyanka
C) Radha is between Shelly and Priyanka
Who is to the immediate left of Padmaja
a) Priyanka; b) Radha; c) Meghana d) Shelly
5) How many 8s are there in the following sequence which are neither preceded by 6 nor immediately followed by 3?
8 3 7 6 8 8 5 8 3 6 6 8 1 8 3 8 6 3 9
a) One b) two c) three d) four
6) In a telephone directory which of the following names appear in the middle?
a) Manasi b) Mangala c) Manjula d) Manish e) Manjunath
7) Read the following information to answer the given question.
Following are the conditions for selecting candidates for a Resident doctor
The candidate must
a) be a post graduate in Allopathic medicine
b) not more than 30 years as on 01-01-2007
c) have at least 4 years’ research experience
d) have secured at least 50% marks in the personal interview
However, in cases where the candidates fulfill 3 out of 4 conditions may be referred to the Chairman for his approval for appointment
1. Mr Rajiv Gowda is a professor in Ayurvedic medicine.
2. He was born on 30-12-1976
3. He has 8 year’s research experience
4. He has secured 65% marks in the personal interview.
a) To be selected; b) Not to be selected; c) To be referred to the Chairman; d) Data inadequate
8) Akshay is taller than Ramesh. Ramesh is taller than Shelly. Raju is taller than Biju. Biju is taller than Ramesh. Who among them is the tallest?
a) Akshay; b) Raju; c) Biju; d) Cannot be determined; e) None of these
9) What would come in the place of the Question Mark?
2B 4C 8E 14H ?
a) 22I; b) 20L; c) 22L d)16K e) None of these
10) Rajesh is 50 kms South West of Ashok. Prakash is 50 kms South East of Ashok. Prakash is which direction of Rajesh?
a) South b) West c) East d) North-East e) None of these
11) The Candidates were tested for their knowledge of foreign languages. The interviewer loses his test sheets after the tests are completed. He however, remembers some information.
2. Shilpa could converse in three languages
3. Only one person knew Russian
4. Two candidates knew German.
5. Tejaswini knew only one language.
6. Ramesh and Shilpa did not speak Russian
7. No one knew the same number of languages.
8. French was one of the four languages on which Shilpa, Tejaswini, Ramesh and Kumar were assessed.
A) How many people knew French?
B) Who among the four speaks Russian?
C) Who are the two who spoke German?
12 to 15) Five persons M,N,O,P and Q were traveling in a CAR. There were two ladies in the group of three who knew car driving and one was a lady who did not know driving. There was one couple, of which only the wife could drive the car. M is the brother of P. N, the wife of P, drove at the beginning. Q drove at the end.
Which of the following is a pair of brothers?
12) MN; MP; MO; MQ; PQ
13) Who was the other lady in the group who did not know driving?
M Q O N P
14) In the case of which of the following pairs, no relationship can be established with any one else in the group?
MQ NQ OQ PQ
15) How was Q related to M?
Brother; Sister; Friend; Data Inadequate
16) The letters have specific relationship to each other. Find this relationship and then decide the next letter to replace the (?)
B E J Q ?
17) Five words are alike in some way and one is different. Choose the odd one:
a)Club; b)Brush; c)Crayon; d)Pen; e)Pencil.
18) Mr Dhananjaya drives his car a distance of 30Kms towards North, then turns to his left and drives for 20kms. He again turns left and drives for 30 kms. How many kilometers and in what direction is he from the starting point?
19) In the following number series how many 8s are immediately followed by 5 and also immediately preceded by 6
8 5 8 5 9 8 5 6 8 5 6 9 8 5 6 8 5 8 5 8 8
20) If MOUTH is coded as OMTUH, WORSE will be coded as:
21) Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to the group?
a) DCD; b)XYX; c)ANA; d)LLK; e)GHG.
22) Find the odd man out:
a)DICE; b)NICE; c)GAME; d)CARE; e)HORN
23) Sanjeev is taller than Sadhana but not as tall as Sreedhar. Srivastav is taller than Sanjeev. Who among is the tallest?
24) Mehrunnisa is eleventh from either end of a row of girls. How many girls are there in that row?
25. If BANGALORE is written as 123456789 and CHENNAI is written as DI9331J, how is KERALA written?
a) J98262; b) L98262; c)L92862; d)M92862
Q No Ans
11 Tejaswini knew only English; Ramesh knew English and French; Shilpa knew English French & German; Kumar knew all four languages
15 Data inadequate
17 a (club means either stick or association of persons)
18 50Kms West
21 d (LLK)
22 HORN ( only one vowel)
23 Cannot be determined
25 b- L98262